Yummy, Savory Lunchbox Muffins
Ever stuck for ideas for your children’s lunch box? Try these savoury muffins as a tasty alternative to the regular sandwich, but also offer a good serve of protein and vegetables. 2 of these muffins make an idea lunch and the great thing is you can get your children involved in the cooking process by grating the vegetables and whisking the eggs.
Recipe - Savory Lunchbox Muffins in Wrap Bread
15 minutes preparation time, 30 minutes cooking time
Quantity Size - 6 Muffins
3 wholegrain wraps, cut in half
1 carrot, grated
1 zucchini, grated
½ red capsicum, diced
2 shallots, sliced thinly
50g leg ham, cut into small pieces
1 cup grated cheese
5 eggs (2 separated)
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
- Line 6 large muffin cups or a muffin tray with baking paper, then place half a slice of wrap bread in each, so the wrap forms a cup shape.
- Combine all the vegetables, ham and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Separate two eggs and leave the whites aside in a separate bowl.
- Add the two egg yolks and remaining three eggs to the vegetables mixture and mix well.
- Use an electric mixer on high to beat the eggs whites till stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites in to the egg and vegetable mixture.
- Spoon the batter in to the wrap bread cups and bake in the oven for 30minutes or until cooked and lightly brown on top.
- Muffins can be serves warm or when cooled.